The Firefox team is trying to set up a Guinness World Record for the most software downloaded in 24 hours with the introduction of the Firefox 3 browser. It is an improved version of the firefox 2 browser. The Firefox team wants the world to be spread out by
* Get the word out; tell your friends, your neighbors, your grandma, anyone and everyone to participate in Download Day.
* Host a party to download Firefox; you provide the people and we’ll provide the party favors.
* Put a Download Day badge on your blog, profile or website.
I will help to spread the word out by putting a download day badge on this blog
The download day is not yet fixed but it would be in this June. The link of the Firefox image is for everyone to make a pledge that she would download Firefox browser on the day it is released. At the time of this posting, 580,195 pledges have been made. I just made my pledge making me the 580,196th person to make a pledge (not sure about this)
Firefox decided not to leave anyone behind. Firefox 3 can be downloaded in 45 languages with download links for windows, mac and linux users.
Why should you install Firefox 3? It is because
1. The browser has malware protection which warns users of harmful sites.
2. It shows a clearer and stricter error pages when Firefox encounters an invalid SSl certificate.
3. There is an integration of anti-virus software. The anti-virussoftware would check for virus on executable programs ie programs that ends in .exe files.
You can get more about the new features at What’s is new in Firefox 3
Why read this blog?
There are many blogs in the blogsphere, both free blogs or hosted blog. I have read on other blogs that content is what make people to read your blog. If you write a useful post i.e. a post that can visitor learns something new, the visitor will always come back to your blog to learn another thing new. I will try to write useful post on this blog so that I would get the visitor to become a regular reader. This blog is called Axio Blog. From wikipedia, Axio mean worthy. So that means this blog is called a worthy blog.